Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Impression of the Real Estate Market in the Hamptons

I took a drive into the town of Southampton today and noticed that there were people everywhere. There is no doubt that people cannot live without their time out in the Hampton's. The difference this year is that people are changing their outlook to a more budget mode. They come in groups, and take less time when they rent a house. The thing that most people who want deals should understand that the cost of having a home has not declined in line with the economy. Taxes are the same with no discounts, electric, propane gas, pool man and gardening is all the same. I had contacted one man who owned a local nursery and wanted 30,ooo plus dollars just for some trees and doing the lawn. I had asked my pool man how business was, and he said don't believe what you hear on the news. Well, only time will tell. I do think that people will continue to take their vacations in the Hampton's for a lot of reasons; tradition, location, the beaches, the scene, beauty and much more.
Photo, JoAnna Levenglick

No comments:

Post a Comment